General Statement of Policy
1. This Statement is made by Imagine.nation Entertainment Limited (“IME”) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (‘the PDPO‘). We are committed to ensuring that your personal data are handled in accordance with the provisions of the PDPO. We collect and use your personal data to provide you with better customer services and products.
2. We collect adequate, but not excessive, personal data by lawful and fair means only for lawful purposes related to our business and activities.
3. We take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data collected or retained are accurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are to be used.
4. We take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the personal data are not kept longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used.
5. We use the personal data collected only for the purposes or directly related purposes for which the data were to be used at the time of collection, unless the individual concerned has given express consent for a change of use or such use is permitted by law.
6. We take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that personal data are protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
7. We take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that we hold and the purposes for which the data are to be used.
8. We permit persons to request access to and/or correction of personal data held by us which they are the data subjects. We process any such access/correction requests in a manner permitted or required by law.
9. All our staff are required to observe our security and confidentiality obligations.
Collection – Why We Collect Your Data
10. From time to time, we may collect your personal data to provide our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us but if you do not, we may not be able to provide you with some of the information, materials, services and/or products of Imagine.nation Entertainment Limited.
11. We will indicate in the relevant forms or applications if the required personal data are for obligatory or voluntary purposes. If personal data are to be used for an obligatory purpose, you MUST provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data are only to be used for a voluntary purpose, you can tell us not to use your personal data for that purpose and we will refrain from doing so.
12. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian before providing any personal data to us.
Use – How Your Data May Be Used
13. Personal data held by us will be used:
(a) to facilitate the daily administration and operation of our business and improvement to our services and products for customers;
(b) for the application, administration, continuation and termination of orders and the services thereat;
(c) for identity verification, matching and/or records and for maintaining communication with our customers and updating of their profile;
(d) for handling enquiries and feedback for better services to customers who patronize our online store website;
(e) for internal statistical and analysis purposes; and
(f) to update our customers with news and events, and the latest developments about IME.
Personal Data Security
14. We strive at all times to ensure that your personal data will be protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use. We maintain this commitment to data security by implementing appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure your personal data.
15. Your visit to this website may be recorded for analyzing the number of visitors to the website and general usage patterns. Some of the information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. “Cookies” are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a user’s web browser in his/her computer that can be retrieved by this website. Cookies can make websites more useful by storing information about your preferences on particular websites, thus enabling website owners to provide customized and personalized services or products for users. The information collected by “cookies” is anonymous aggregated research data, and contains no personal information such as name or domain name server address information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email or any other means. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. However, by disabling cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our website.
Use of Personal Data in Direct Marketing
16. We may from time to time collect personal data from you when you use this website and we intend to use your personal data in direct marketing. We may not so use your personal data unless we have received your consent (which includes an indication of no objection to the intended use).
17. We would like to use your name and contact details (such as telephone number, email address and/or correspondence address) for marketing the following services, products and promotional events through various communication means such as direct-mail, email, telephone, SMS, printed matter, newsletter, brochure and leaflets. The services, products and promotional events include:
(a) any incentive programmes thereat for our customers;
(b) events in relation to corporate social responsibility programmes of IME;
(c) products and services offered by our co-branding partners and service providers of IME; and
(d) other services, products and events relating to our business and activities in IME.
18. If you object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, please see paragraph 19 below.
Contact Details for our Corporate Data Privacy Officer
19. If you do not wish to receive emails or promotional direct mailings, you will always have an opportunity to opt-out. If at any time you would like us to cease sending you any direct mailings, please contact us by:
Corporate Data Privacy Officer
Imagine.nation Entertainment Limited
11/F, 28 Hung To Road
20. Our Corporate Data Privacy Officer or a designated person is responsible for assessing, monitoring and reviewing personal data protection measures to ensure compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
21. In accordance with the PDPO, we may charge data subjects reasonable charges incurred in relation to administering and complying with their data access or correction requests.
22. In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this data privacy statement, the English version shall apply and prevail.